With everything happening around us, with the environment and economy, it’s time we empower ourselves and our family with a few tips that could save you time and money but most importantly KEEP YOUR FAMILY HEALTHY!
- Organize your shopping list. Planning out a weekly menu helps you ensure that your list is complete.
- Organize and plan your shopping trips! Save gas!
- Buy products in containers that you know you will be able to recycle or reuse.
- Avoid single-serving packages such as juice boxes and small cookie packs. These are especially convenient for out-of-home lunches, but use much more packaging than their larger-sized counterparts. Buy bigger packages and separate the desired portions into reusable containers. REDUCE WASTE.
- While shopping, leave fresh and frozen food to the end.
- Use eco-friendly shopping bags biodegradable and non-plastic!
- If your trip in the car is long use ice cubes to keep your products fresh. Always make sure that products that need refrigeration are packed together in the same bags.
- Cook the exact quantity of food needed. You find this difficult? Start donating food, but don’t throw it away!
- Don’t waste leftovers. Have a list on your fridge of what leftovers are in there, and plan a leftover night or two, so you’re sure to eat them all.
- Minimize heating requirements by using smallest pan necessary and turning the gas flame on lowest needed, to reduce energy use.
- Save water by using as little as needed to boil a meal.
- Use every edible part of a product whenever possible (skin, seeds, etc.), to create less waste. For instance, did you know that the fuzzy skin of a kiwi is edible?
- Thaw frozen food completely submerged under clean, drinkable running water and use microwave to thaw frozen food oven only if it will be cooked immediately.
- Wash fruits and vegetables before peeling them, so dirt and bacteria aren’t transferred from the knife onto them.
Keep Your Kitchen Healthy!
- Switch to eco-friendly cookware such as these made of earthenware or ceramic.
- Use water filter to purify tap water instead of buying bottled water. (REDUCE WASTE)
- Use durable tableware instead of disposable ones such as foam containers, paper cups, disposable plastic cutleries and wooden chopsticks.
- Make sure your fridge temperature is at 5 °C or below and your freezer temperature is below -15 °C.
- Always store raw food in sealed or covered containers at the bottom of the fridge. Keep raw foods below cooked foods, to avoid liquid such as meat juices dripping down and contaminating the cooked food.
- Use Different colored or different chopping boards for Vegetables, Meat, Chicken and Fish to avoid cross-contamination.
- Use paper towels to wipe kitchen surfaces, or change dishcloths daily to avoid the risk of cross-contamination and the spread of bacteria and avoid using sponges, as they are harder to keep bacteria-free.
- Don’t let your faucet needlessly run while you’re cooking or washing dishes. You’re letting good water (which is also energy and money) run down the drain!
These tips and advice were brought to us by TANMIA CHICKEN in line with their mission to provide the healthiest food and innovative products for our families.
Looking for a Healthy Meal Idea check this special Healthy Recipe from TANMIA:
Chicken Feta Salad
‒ Place 340 g artichokes marinated in oil in a large bowl and add 1 ½ cup button mushrooms, 2/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, 1 red onion cut into rings, and ¼ cup chopped fresh basil.
‒ Add 3 grilled Tanmia tenderloin chicken pieces to the salad and toss well.
‒ Season to taste.
‒ Arrange 1 bunch rocket leaves on a serving plate and top with the salad.
‒ Scatter ¾ cup cubed feta over the top and serve with crusty bread.
GOOD LUCK SUPER MOMS!
ARE YOU A SUPER MAMA LIVING IN LEBANON?
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK! https://www.facebook.com/Supermommybeirut
Our social platform for WOMEN ONLY: https://www.facebook.com/groups/supermommybeirut/
ARE YOU A SUPER MAMA LIVING IN DUBAI?
JOIN THE GROWING SUPER MAMA COMMUNITY IN DUBAI:
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK! https://www.facebook.com/supermamadxb
Our social platform for WOMEN ONLY: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SupermomsDubai/
Our website: http://supermamadxb.com/
CONTACT THE SUPER MOMMY TEAM ON + 961 70 460 560
OR EMAIL MARKETING@SUPERMOMMYBEIRUT.COM